Bringing the right travel partner into the mix can be a huge boost for your company. But how do you know which one is the right one? When deciding to engage a corporate travel expert, your potential partner will ask a series of questions about your travel spending in order to help determine how they can best serve your needs. They’ll likely ask questions that you haven’t thought to ask. The more prepared you are to answer these questions, the better you’ll be able to see if this new partner is indeed the right one. This guide details what they are likely to ask, where you can find the answers, and what they should be able to offer based on your circumstances.
Start with the Basics:
• How much do you spend on Travel & Expenses (T&E)?
• Air/Hotel/Car: Break down international vs. domestic, total trips and spending, plus expected fluctuations
• Where are your employees traveling and how long are they staying?
• Do you have a formal travel policy or are you looking for guidance on how to approach it? Are employees currently compliant with existing travel policies?
• Can you track down your travelers in an emergency?
• Your company’s growth: what are the projections in growth & revenue? And how will travel spending align with that growth?
• What types of reporting will be of value to your leadership?
Evaluate your Potential Travel Management Partner:
• How does your company’s size and travel spending rank within their customer base?
• Do they have clients with similar needs? What lessons have they learned from implementing a managed travel program with a company like yours?
• Can they provide references from existing users?
• Who’s responsible for the program’s success? And, are you in agreement as to how to measure success?
Improve productivity of employees while traveling: A well-planned trip helps everyone perform their best and meet the company’s goals.
Focus on your Company’s Priorities:
• Cost Savings: What are the savings goals and expectations and are they realistic? Are your company’s negotiated rates comparable to others with similar spending?
• Partner Up: Determine if the partner belongs to any beneficial travel networks. You’ll appreciate the opportunity to choose from a large network of suppliers.
• Travel Experience Improvement: Does the potential partner offer any special benefits or perks such as airline status or upgrades, hotel amenities, car vendor status upgrades, etc. which could improve your travelers’ experience?
• Technology: Are they mobile first? To maximize travelers’ productivity on the road, it has to be mobile.
• Challenges: Are you suffering from opaque data on travel spending due to direct individual bookings? How can a potential partner shine a light on ways to capture that valuable data?
• Improve productivity of employees while traveling: A well-planned trip helps everyone perform their best and meet the company’s goals.
• Safety & Security: Are your people staying at reputable locations that protect guests’ personal security? And, do employees travel with sensitive intellectual property on their devices?
• Locating travelers: How can you help a stranded employee if you can’t find her?
• Compliance: Are travelers choosing personal preference over suppliers that are within policy?
Gathering Your Corporate Data:
• T&E reports
• Corporate credit card data
• Itinerary databases for geographic patterns
• Contracted/negotiated discounts & rates with suppliers and any usage/savings reports
• Airlines: soft dollar program details and ROI, plus any elite loyalty members
Travel Leaders Group creates your customized travel program, you’ll be able to calculate ROI using our audit tools.
Realize ROI with Expert Help
Kick off your transition to a managed travel program with these details in mind, and consider how Travel Leaders Group has invested in the business travel market and has years of expertise guiding clients who decided to shift from managing their own travel in-house to seeking a partner with business travel expertise. Travel Leaders Group creates your customized travel program, you’ll be able to calculate ROI using our audit tools. We help you analyze your data and make actionable recommendations that will help the company’s bottom line AND its most valuable assets- it employees.